Title VI Indian Education
Our mission is to enhance and empower our Native American students through a diversity of creative culturally academic and positive programs to improve academic performance and graduation rates while building strong family, community, and school relationships.
This is done by: The Title VI Indian Education Program, addresses the needs of identified Indian students in targeted schools throughout the parish. Paraprofessionals provide tutoring services through in-class grouping to Indian students in need of reading/language arts and/or math remediation.
- Academic tutoring
- Cultural enrichment activities
- Career and post secondary training exploration
- Scholarship information
- The 506 form signed and dated by the parent or legal guardian
- Once the 506 form is completed, it is good for the duration of the student’s enrollment in the LEA
- Either Parent/Legal Guardian, student, or Grandparent must claim tribal membership through:
- Federally recognized tribe
- State recognized tribe
- Tribes must be indigenous to the U.S.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.