Parent and Family Engagement
As required by Title I, Part A, parents and families provide feedback through:
- Title I School-Wide Plan committees
- Title I Annual Parent Survey
- Campus (School) Title I, Part A Written School Parent and Family Engagement Policy and Compacts
- District Title I, Part A Written TPSD Parent and Family Engagement Policy and Compacts
- Evaluation of Parent Engagement activities at schools
Parent and Family Engagement initiatives provided by TPSD Federal Programs:
- Funding for school-site personnel that facilitate parent and family engagement
- Monthly Parent Newsletters provided on TPSD website
Why a TPSD and Parent ProTech Partnership
- Parent ProTech aims to empower families and educators in safely navigating technology, with the ultimate goal of ensuring the safety of children while enhancing their learning and overall well-being.
The TECH Problem:
- 3+ hours/day on social media linked to double the risk of depression and anxiety
- Over 500,000 online predators active daily
What they offer:
- Platform “how-tos” on trends and safety settings
- Student curriculum on digital citizenship
- Biweekly newsletter tracking key tech updates
- Accounts in English and Spanish (Arabic coming soon)
Click the "Be Engaged Louisiana" icon above to visit the LDOE page for additional parent and family engagement resources.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.